Monday, August 25, 2008

Home at last!!

We made it home last night. The trip was fairly uneventful aside from Jaycee's random temper tantrums, and the flat tire. I guess it wasn't really a flat, the tread completely came off one of the back tires. The worst thing was having to unload everything from the back so we could get to the spare.
The next momentous event happened once we got home. There was dirt on the floor underneath one of my plants, one of our curtains was knocked down too. At first we thought maybe Chantz's friend that was feeding our fish got a little crazy. We soon realized it was something else entirely when we saw the little poops all over my counter! A mouse had somehow gotten into the house.
Even better, when I was looking in the closet to get out some notebooks for the boys to take to school, something ran across my foot. I screamed, dropped everything, and came running out of the closet. I was totally shaking. Mike stood there, and was like, "a mouse, huh." At least he was sweet and gave me a hug until I calmed down.
The boys both started school today. I was completely unprepared. I didn't have the time to get all of their school supplies. I did have a bunch of notebooks that I'd bought last year. But, that was about it. I had to run to Wal-mart to buy the rest this morning, along with some mouse traps.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, yuck. I HATE mice. I had one run across my foot once. It's so gross. Good luck with the mice. Stick a piece of chocolate on the mouse trap. They can't resist. They also don't like peppermint oil. Put a few drops of the real stuff on some cottonballs and leave them around your house.